Friday, May 15, 2009

Disneyland: Where dreams come true!!!!!

This is my tribute to Disneyland. Our family had fun, and the kids have been bugging me to go back. We may have to, sooner than I had originally planned, but here is our wonderful vacation.


On our way to stay at stateline we decided we should stop in Vegas to let the kids watch the Bellagio watershow. I enjoyed it but our kids however did not. They yelled and screamed, and told me it was scary and that they wanted to go home. (For future reference our kids don't like watershows, maybe when they get older, but not right now.) Megan even had a come apart which is very unusual for her.




We made it to Buffalo Bills on Wednesday night planning to have a good rest so we could start out our drive the next day, but some people forgot to tell me about the beds at the hotel. Rachel and Kyle slept fine, Megan didn't sleep well. She ended up sleeping on the floor and she hated every minute of it. I woke up the next morning tired because I didn't sleep very well, because of Megan and the beds were very uncomfortable. We headed to Disneyland and we ended up getting lost a couple of times. The first time was because I told Ray to get off of the wrong exit and we had to drive down a street for a very long ways trying to find an on ramp. We found the on ramp and the second time was I told Ray a different exit to take thinking it would take us right to the hotel and it didn't. Ray told me I am not to navigate ever again or I should just follow the directions we printed off. Anyway we get to our hotel and immediately the kids want to go swimming. Mom came over and hung out with us for a little bit while the kids went swimming. It was a little chilly so we didn't spend much time in the pool. Megan hated the water she did not like to swim. Rachel loved the water. Kyle was our little dare devil. He had taken off his floaties and innertube and decided he would just jump in the water. Luckily Ray was there to catch him. He kept jumping into the pool without anything on. He loved it. Of course he didn't think he could drown so he kept doing it and one time was wasn't watching and it scared me half to death. Luckily Ray turned around just in time to catch him. We go to our room and hung out for a little while before heading to eat dinner at McDonald's. After dinner we headed to downtown disney to do a little looking around and then we headed back to the hotel to get them ready for bed. They needed baths because on the way Rachel decided she would use her new markers and draw on everybody including herself, so the kids needed a bath desperately.

The next morning we woke the kids up because we were going into the park. (By the way the beds at the marriot were heavenly. I slept really good.) Rachel was excited to go ride the teacups and all the other rides. She started getting dressed immediately, she didn't waste any time getting ready. I go to wake up Kyle and he looks at me and says no! tomarrow, then throws the covers back over himself what a cutie:) We finally get kyle out of bed and dressed. Then we headed towards Disneyland. Rachel is definately excited as you can see, Kyle is just along for the ride, he doesn't care.




And Megan is just so smilely and happy to be there. This is my favorite picture. I love it when she scrunches her nose up and smiles. It is so darn cute.



We get into the park and ride the Peter Pan ride and Mr. Toads wild ride. Rachel hated them both I might add. I don't know why they aren't scary maybe it is because they are in the dark. I don't know. We rode the matterhorn next and Rachel is anxious to go on it. Rachel really surprised me by saying she wanted to ride with aunt Abby which is good, (because that means she is finally getting comfortable with everyone.) As you can see she had to carry pluto with her everywhere.




Kyle ended up riding with Ray and I. He enjoyed himself. He didn't scream at all. Rachel even liked the ride as well. She was giggly and smiley the whole time. (That's what abby told me anyway.) Megan had to sit this one out. She's too little to go on it.



Next we rode Dumbo. They loved Dumbo Kyle rode with Ray and Megan and I rode together.



Alice in Wonderland came next and to this day Rachel tells me that we are going to go back and ride the Alice ride again. She loved it. Kyle was a little scared of the ride and cried. Megan cried for a little bit, but then she gave up and just dealt with it. What a good little baby.




Rachel's favorite ride came next. Before we went to Disneyland all she talked about was how she was going to ride on the teacups. Well her wish came true, she got to ride the teacups.




The whole time she was laughing and giggling. She really loves the teacups. She still talks about the teacups. She loves those things.

We headed towards california adventure, I think we did toy story mania but I am not sure. We headed towards Playhouse Disney but ended up missing the show so we had to wait till the next showing and ended up meeting Rays favorite character and of course we had to get his picture taken with him. Megan ended up falling asleep. She had a busy day and couldn't hold on any longer. We went to playhouse disney and megan loved it especially because she was with her second mommy. Kyle just tolerated it and I couldn't get any pictures of Rachel it was too dark.






We went to eat at Taste Pilots grill which is really good food. It is right up there with In and Out burger, and I am usually not a burger fan, but these burgers were exceptional. We ordered Rachel some onion rings and she ate them all. She loves onion rings which is really weird. Anyway, after lunch we went to soarin and we ended up stayin in the park and riding the rides in the bugs land part of the park. Then we met up with everyone for the parade, and I think we rode the rides in fantasyland, snow white and pinocchio. Rachel didn't freak out like I thought she would, Kyle tolerated it as usual, and megan grinned and bared it as usual.

Kyle got his picture taken with mater and lightning mcqueen, while the others went on soarin. (before we all split up and did our own things till the parade.)


The parade wasn't that great. I didn't like how it wasn't a straight through type of thing, that would have made it better. anyway the kids liked it, and of course after the parade I had to get a picture of the castle lit up at night as we headed towards toon town to meet mickey. Kyle ended up falling asleep so he didn't get to meet him. Rachel loved meeting mickey.


The first day was a fun one. The kids had fun being in the happiest place on earth and I had fun being with the family. The second day would be just as good.

5 comments:

born2bhappy said...

Rachel really did have her dreams come true. We had such a great time. It was the best vacation ever. Your pictures turned out very good. The castle looks great. The memories are still making me happy.

Bailey Family said...

I was so happy to see you guys, It was all great that we were all together for this family vacation.

Abby said...

It was fun and loved reading it from your point of view. HOpefully we can go back soon. :)

Matt said...

The kid rides are more fun than you think. When i first saw them i wondered why they were so popular, but they're great! It was a lot of fun to have everyone there together.

Jenny Stoker said...

I want to go back!!!! Rachel, Kyle, and Megan are soooo CUTE!!! They were fun to watch! When I update my blog I got a good video of Kyle dancing! It's great!!