Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a stressful project

The day started out good. I decided to paint Kyle's room. I got more than I bargained for:


I don't have any pictures of the awful streaks that ended up because of the red. I was so stressed out. I thought that it would look that way forever. I should have taken pictures so you would know how bad it was. Anyway, I did about 3 coats of red and the streaks were still there. I decided to sleep on it and figure something out in the morning. Well the next morning I went into Kyle's room hoping for some improvement to magically be there, but there was none to be found. I talked it over with Ray and we decided to buy a darker red. We rushed over to Home Depot, our home away from home, to buy the much needed paint. When we got home I started the necessary repainting. To my astonishment it turned out a whole lot better:





Wow the pictures don't look very good. Anyway, with that stress over I could now start on the blue on the bottom part of the wall. The blue went on better, but I still needed to do 2 coats. I was relieved the blue turned out. I was so stressed that it would be the same problem as the red turned out to be. But it looks good:

The finished product turned out to be what I had pictured:



The boy really liked his room, I took pictures of him bouncing on his bed, but they turned out bad. Well after the stressful three days I learned that I needed to do a tinted primer first, that would have been helpful to know before I started painting, and then do the red color. The lesson learned was no matter how much you want to paint your room a certain color, maybe even red, make sure you know what you are doing first before you start painting, otherwise it could end up a very stressful project. Just take a page out of my book. I have decided that I am never doing red again. I don't need the added stress.

4 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Linsey His room looks Great!!!!
One day I'll do my kids's rooms. How ever I hope 2 things Kyle has a fan in his room and that his room doesn't have a window that faces east or west because It's gonna get really hot in there. but as long has he is okay with it great. I know that I couldn't live with it the way that Louis and Kenzie complain about the heat and Kenzie's room is only pink and really hot.

Abby said...

I love it!!! You are so creative! Isn't it nice to have your own house to decorate how you want.

Jenny Stoker said...

Nice Linsey!! Sounds kind of like us when we were painting the basement. There was so much stain on the walls down there that we decided we needed to do it a color instead of trying to do it white. I miss Kyle!!! I need Kyle here to make me smile!! He is the cutest little boy ever!!! I need him!!!

born2bhappy said...

I keep forgetting to comment. AT first you think bright blue and red will not look good at all but when you put all the decals and stripping and stuff it looks awesome. I love and it is perfect for Kyle. I also need by boy. I miss him. I need him. I want him. Next week can't come soon enough. Love